Help a noob out.. disable bots, setup server for MG, etc..

yuppicide
New to forums
New to forums
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC40BgXanDqOYoVCYFDSTfHA

Help a noob out.. disable bots, setup server for MG, etc..

Post by yuppicide »

I have a friend who said he'd help me setup a server, he's just busy with work at the moment. I'm new at this.

So I have my server. I uploaded a few maps and put them in the rotation.

When I join the server there's bots.. even though bot quota 0 is set.

So then I walk forward a bit and I die.

Also, how does FastDL work or whatever? I'm not sure where to find the info or if I needed to add it somewhere as well. Maybe I need to upload the maps to somewhere else or do they just go in my maps folder? When I joined my server it took a little bit, because the map download was a little slow.
$atanic $pirit
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Re: Help a noob out.. disable bots, setup server for MG, etc

Post by $atanic $pirit »

I would recommend you to use workshop, instead of FastDl. The advantage of using workshop is that you don't have to upload maps to server or website. Instead you just make a collection of the maps that you want and start the server with collection ID in command line or config files.

Server will automatically download the files upon start and clients will download them from Workshop directly upon joining the server.

Detailed information can be found here:

https://developer.valvesoftware.com/wik ... _Operators
yuppicide
New to forums
New to forums

Post by yuppicide »

How to do Workshop when the map isn't on workshop? The first map I look up is listed on workshop, but people replied that there's no map.
gafoob
A semi-regular
A semi-regular

Post by gafoob »

im no expert, but I assume that you would use your web server to upload the maps to, then through NFO it would automatically have it setup to download maps from the website. (idk how to do that part manually)