out of memory your swap file is too small NEED HELP

Ask questions about dedicated servers here and we and other users will do our best to answer them. Please also refer to the self-help section for tutorials and answers to the most commonly asked questions.
Newks
New to forums
New to forums
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC40BgXanDqOYoVCYFDSTfHA

out of memory your swap file is too small NEED HELP

Post by Newks »

I Recently got the VDS and when i launch my arma 3 server after i join the server it will be stuck on wait for host and when i check my RDC it will say *out of memory your swap file is too small 5mb* Or Something along those lines can someone help me please
soja
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Re: out of memory your swap file is too small NEED HELP

Post by soja »

You need more RAM. You can upgrade just the memory, or upgrade the cores/hdd/bandwidth along with it. You can do this on the order page by selecting what you want your VDS to have extra, and selecting "This is a change to an existing server".

What plan are you currently using?
Not a NFO employee
rymax99
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Post by rymax99 »

If you have to run off SWAP, you don't have enough memory. You should check your memory usage via 'free -m'.

I'd recommend reading this: http://www.nfoservers.com/forums/viewto ... 44&t=10783
Newks
New to forums
New to forums

Post by Newks »

Thanks Guy i found the problem
$atanic $pirit
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Post by $atanic $pirit »

Just to add to this topic. Nfo doesn't have swap memory by default.
rymax99
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Post by rymax99 »

$atanic $pirit wrote:Just to add to this topic. Nfo doesn't have swap memory by default.
Edge100x wrote:We don't enable it by default because when customers hit swap that is very bad for the performance of other customers on the same machine, but you can do it if you wish. It's not really necessary or recommended. If you use swap, it's easiest to do it through a file and not a partition.
Thought I'd add that for anyone that reads this in the future that may be curious as to why.