I need this issue fixed.

Ask questions about dedicated servers here and we and other users will do our best to answer them. Please also refer to the self-help section for tutorials and answers to the most commonly asked questions.
axle54321
New to forums
New to forums
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC40BgXanDqOYoVCYFDSTfHA

I need this issue fixed.

Post by axle54321 »

Hello! I pay $60 for your box. I am hosting two garrys mod server off of it. One doesn't even get any players. My main issue is the server is just crashing randomly. I've had a few issues with crashing, but its just now starting to pick up more. The server has crashed 10 times within the past 2 days. I am constantly loosing players because of this.

Can someone please help as it seems like cody cant. Thanks!
Edge100x
Founder
Founder

Re: I need this issue fixed.

Post by Edge100x »

You'll definitely want to troubleshoot that.

You should start by looking at logs. Turn on console logging and look at the last lines of game server output before a crash to see if there are any clues as to what triggered the crash. Also check logs inside the OS to see if the process is being killed externally (such as because it is using too much memory).

If that doesn't provide you anything useful, then there are two main ways to troubleshoot from there:

- Start with no customizations. Confirm that the server works without crashing. Add back in your customizations, in chunks, testing after each one to see if the server starts crashing again, and when. You then know that one of the customizations in the last group is the cause of the crashing behavior.

- Start with all customizations. Remove them in chunks, testing after each one to see if the server has become stable. When it becomes stable, you know that one of the customizations in the last group is the cause of the crashing behavior.

Cody and others can certainly try to help you with software problems here in the forums. But, most of the work will likely end up being in testing your addons, and only you can do that.