VPS Support?

Ventz
New to forums
New to forums
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC40BgXanDqOYoVCYFDSTfHA

VPS Support?

Post by Ventz »

Im buying a VPS soon later today for my gmod server, ive never setup a server from scratch, ive only done managed servers. Im gonna be getting about 80-90 players a day i was wondering if anyone can tell me if i would need to manage firewall settings and everything like port forwarding and all that or just my server files? Also is there anyone who can give me help with setting up my default server to put all my files in?
Abdul
A semi-regular
A semi-regular

Re: VPS Support?

Post by Abdul »

If you go for at-least 3 cores (or above), then you can select your VDS to be managed - a managed VDS would have everything pre-setup and you will still have access to add/remove firewall rules of your choice. You can easily install gameservers using their order page.

If you choose to go down the unmanaged road - you would have to do everything yourself via SSH; you would need to setup your own server control panel (like TCAdmin...etc); the firewall would come as default (nothing blocked as far as I am aware); the kernel (OS) would also not be as optimized as when you run a gameserver on a managed VDS; you would need to download and use SteamCMD to install gameservers...etc. I wouldn't recommend going down this road.