Teamspeak3 ServerQuery Admin help

Ask questions about dedicated servers here and we and other users will do our best to answer them. Please also refer to the self-help section for tutorials and answers to the most commonly asked questions.
xinute
New to forums
New to forums
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC40BgXanDqOYoVCYFDSTfHA

Teamspeak3 ServerQuery Admin help

Post by xinute »

I was attempting to create a server snapshot conning with putty thru Telnet. I login without an error and then when this is what i input.

error id=0 msg=ok
use sid=1
error id=0 msg=ok
use port=9987
error id=0 msg=ok
use 1
error id=0 msg=ok
serversnapshotcreate
error id=2568 msg=insufficient\sclient\spermissions failed_permid=45

I've logged in as the Server Query admin created when making the server and a newly created one. both same error.

I need to be able to deploy the snapshot from my old teamspeak server. I don't want to have to assign 500+ unique users to groups again and remake all of the permissions.

Any help is greatly appreciated as we would like to get our users transferred over to our new server asap.
rymax99
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Re: Teamspeak3 ServerQuery Admin help

Post by rymax99 »

Hi.

You're getting the insufficient permission error in telnet because the server query accounts created through the TS3 client are only as powerful as the group of the unique identity that you're logged onto has, which would probably be 'server admin' by default - which isn't the most powerful group that is needed for some of many server query commands. TeamSpeak has a hidden group which is named 'Server Admin Query' for that kind of stuff, but clients cannot access that as NFO does have to restrict some things as explained in this KB article:
http://www.nfoservers.com/forums/viewto ... =56&t=5299

As for getting your server restored onto your new NFO TeamSpeak, upon some research it does look like you'd be able to use the TS3 snapshot system to do that. If it is something that John/Edge100x would allow, you'd have to give him the old snapshot, and he'd have to manually restore it and then set the permissions set my NFO and what not.

I'd recommend you create a ticket in the Help! section of your control panel for this.
rymax99
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Post by rymax99 »

Upon paying attention to the forum section this topic is in, it looks like it may be on an unmanaged VDS? If it is indeed on an unmanaged VDS, please disregard my last post in this topic.
xinute
New to forums
New to forums

Post by xinute »

It is a VDS, so how do I solve this?
rymax99
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Post by rymax99 »

You would have to use the TeamSpeak 3 serveradmin account that TeamSpeak provided upon first starting up the server that had a randomly generated password that it provided, I do not think it saves the output containing the passwords to the logs, so you'd need to manually reset it.

If you didn't save the password, resetting it is pretty simple and there are various methods to do so, here is a link
http://forum.teamspeak.com/showthread.p ... -Look-here!)
I would personally recommend the first/'Manual Password Change' method as it is the safest, and most simple to do, drawback being that you do have to restart the server to reset it.

For the snapshot, you'd need to use a shell script to be able to export/import them in a managable form, as I don't believe the command would allow directing the output to a file such as 'serversnapshotcreate > snapshot.sqlite' (guessing snapshots would be in a SQLite form), or just simply importing a file. These scripts look like they'd get the job done: http://forum.teamspeak.com/showthread.p ... er-scripts
xinute
New to forums
New to forums

Post by xinute »

I have the snapshot, and i saved the query serveradmin information. i used it and thats the error i got in first post.
rymax99
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Post by rymax99 »

xinute wrote:I have the snapshot, and i saved the query serveradmin information. i used it and thats the error i got in first post.
The account you logged in with was named 'serveradmin', right?
xinute
New to forums
New to forums

Post by xinute »

yes
xinute
New to forums
New to forums

Post by xinute »

Actually I got it all working, it just decided to work today I guess.