Another year, another COD...

This is used for general discussion that is not necessarily server-related.
soja
This is my homepage
This is my homepage
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC40BgXanDqOYoVCYFDSTfHA

Another year, another COD...

Post by soja »

http://www.vg247.com/2014/10/21/dedicat ... d-warfare/

We’ve got some announcements coming. Yes, we will be supporting dedicated servers and there will be announcements soon on which providers and platforms.

I don't expect COD4-like dedicated servers, but could this at least mean we could get something like BO1 style servers?

I know if NFO had any news on this it would be posted, but did you guys at least know about this, or reach out to Sledgehammer?
Not a NFO employee
TacTicToe
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Re: Another year, another COD...

Post by TacTicToe »

Interesting. Perhaps these bastards are finally starting to realize the seriousness of bad thinking? I could even deal with BO1 type servers as long as GS doesn't have a monopoly again. And they don't do something stupid like cloud servers that titanfail used. How or why every GSP on the planet did not ban together with a class action against Activision just boggles the mind. GS having a monopoly like that, blatant violation of the law.

In case any youngins think I am talking about the board game.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Monopoly
kraze
Former staff
Former staff

Post by kraze »

One can sure dream, but knowing the COD franchise it may not be what we all want :/
@Kraze^NFo> Juski has a very valid point
@Juski> Got my new signature, thanks!
@Kraze^NFo> Out of context!
@Juski> Doesn't matter!
@Juski> You said I had a valid point! You can't take it back now! It's out there!
Edge100x
Founder
Founder

Post by Edge100x »

We weren't contacted about this. It's likely that they're reusing a previous partner.

We may be the most popular BF4 host, but I'd still prefer for companies to open up ranked dedicated servers to be hosted by the public, as TWI has done. Let the best companies bubble to the top, and benefit from the feedback that all of the smart independent server owners will provide. Sometimes the passionate communities that only run a couple of servers are the best at finding bugs and workarounds.
soja
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Post by soja »

I tweeted @SHGames( https://twitter.com/SHGames ) but this close to the release date I doubt anything will change by launch.
Not a NFO employee
RainMotorsports
A semi-regular
A semi-regular

Post by RainMotorsports »

TacTicToe wrote:GS having a monopoly like that, blatant violation of the law.
I wouldn't have thought you were one for the enforcement of laws. After receiving a DMCA Takedown for stealing our theme you moved your site from NFO's hosting to a host in the country of Luxembourg. I see you made yourself a nice little signature out the images though. Must have really liked it.
TacTicToe
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Post by TacTicToe »

Edge100x wrote:We weren't contacted about this. It's likely that they're reusing a previous partner.
You would think they would learn their lesson. We were discussing this in another forum and someone there made a valid point. Once Zampella and West went off on their own Activision may have gone into "oh shit" mode and thought Respawn would try to create a CoD killer, which I really don't think they were aiming to. So Activision had to put out their own competitive version of CoD to counter. Following that logic, they may try to replicate what Respawn did and use a Cloud service as well. Seems the Cloud service is what Respawn are calling dedicated servers now. Activision may well follow suit. We won't know till post launch when the forums explode with anger.

If you haven't heard anything this close to launch, I wouldn't hold my breath. :|
kraze
Former staff
Former staff

Post by kraze »

We can sure try to make contact, but it would be helpful if people would mention our name on Twitter. I imagine our email would be ignored, but it may get another look if they see people asking for it.
@Kraze^NFo> Juski has a very valid point
@Juski> Got my new signature, thanks!
@Kraze^NFo> Out of context!
@Juski> Doesn't matter!
@Juski> You said I had a valid point! You can't take it back now! It's out there!
TacTicToe
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Post by TacTicToe »

I have no problems blowing up their Twitter. I will use a url shortener to link to these forums. 8) However with all the petitions and things to get them to change their past ways that have failed, I won't hold my breath for a positive response from Activision.