Windows 10 for XBox Play Anywhere?

Ask questions about dedicated servers here and we and other users will do our best to answer them. Please also refer to the self-help section for tutorials and answers to the most commonly asked questions.
GaseousMaximus
New to forums
New to forums
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC40BgXanDqOYoVCYFDSTfHA

Windows 10 for XBox Play Anywhere?

Post by GaseousMaximus »

With the Xbox Play Anywhere program set to launch this fall, hosting Ark servers for Xbox on PC is finally going to be possible. One of the requirements, however, is that it will only work with Windows 10. Are there any plans for nfo to supply Win10 VDS's? I would really like to host an Ark server for my Xbox friends, but my internet isn't up to the task, so I was hoping a VDS would be a viable solution.

-Gas
TacTicToe
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Re: Windows 10 for XBox Play Anywhere?

Post by TacTicToe »

Not really sure this will ever happen. As Win 10 is not really a server OS I just don't see this being feasible. However once the software comes out, John may add it to his long to-do list and check it out. Perhaps there is a compatibility mode work around that would make it possible. I would not hold my breath though.
kraze
Former staff
Former staff

Re: Windows 10 for XBox Play Anywhere?

Post by kraze »

Can you provide a source here? It really doesn't make sense for them to restrict it to a consumer OS only. Though, if they did I don't see any reason why it wouldn't work on the server variant (Windows Server 2016), which will be supported on our end.
@Kraze^NFo> Juski has a very valid point
@Juski> Got my new signature, thanks!
@Kraze^NFo> Out of context!
@Juski> Doesn't matter!
@Juski> You said I had a valid point! You can't take it back now! It's out there!