FtP on ut2004 server

Use this forum if you have a relatively general question or comment about a game, Ventrilo, TeamSpeak, or Murmur/Mumble server with us. If you have a server-specific question that might not help out the community, please directly contact us through your control panel instead.
HOTS4UC3
New to forums
New to forums
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC40BgXanDqOYoVCYFDSTfHA

FtP on ut2004 server

Post by HOTS4UC3 »

How do I use the FTP on a ut2004 server
Edge100x
Founder
Founder

Post by Edge100x »

To use the FTP on any of our servers, you would click the link on the File manager page of the control panel. More advanced users often choose to use their own FTP client instead, and there are instructions there to accomodate that as well.
HOTS4UC3
New to forums
New to forums

Post by HOTS4UC3 »

This is my server of any type and need more detailed help.
Thank you
bOoya
Former staff
Former staff

Post by bOoya »

simply log into your control panel and click the File Manager.
there is a little sentence that says
  • You can access your FTP through this link with Internet Explorer. (May take several seconds to open.)
when you click that link, (if you're using internet explorer) a window will open where you will see a bunch of folders and files. This window is your ftp. To upload stuff, drag it into that window from computer and just wait for the little progress bar to get to 100%.
-If you're not using Internet Explorer, I would recommend just opening it up and using it; at least untill you are familiar with FTP and the way it works. After that you could venture off into separate FTP clients like SmartFTP or WiseFTP.
HOTS4UC3
New to forums
New to forums

Post by HOTS4UC3 »

Thanx I was using firefox. It doesn't work.
LLLL
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Post by LLLL »

HOTS4UC3 wrote:Thanx I was using firefox. It doesn't work.
firefox will tend to just shot the files and not let you do anything to them, it doesent let you transfer files...i suppose thats a bug that they will fix in there next update.
bOoya
Former staff
Former staff

Post by bOoya »

its not a bug.. its just that FireFox doesnt have a built-in FTP client like Internet Explorer does. I doubt they will incorporate one at all.
There are a few 3rd party ftp plugins for FireFox like FireFTP but they are pretty lame and buggy. Best bet is to either download a separate FTP client or use IE.
LLLL
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Post by LLLL »

ftp clients are much better than ie, most of the time ie will hang and get really slow..very annoying.