PhP Install problem

Connect with other users about what to run on your webhosting (and how to run it) here.
draogn88
New to forums
New to forums
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC40BgXanDqOYoVCYFDSTfHA

PhP Install problem

Post by draogn88 »

i uploaded my php files directly without changing anything and when i finish filling out the install form i get this message

phpBB : Critical Error

Could not connect to the database

can you guys help me and figure out my problem. i think i messed up during my upload or i did not follow the correct instructions

-dragon
Winfang
New to forums
New to forums

Post by Winfang »

This is a copy of the file that I use to connect to mysql database. I havn't had a problem with it yet

$dbh = mysql_connect($hostname, $user, $pass) or
die("Unable to connect to mySQL");

$selected = mysql_select_db($database, $dbh) or
die("Unable to connect to database $database.");

The $hostname is the name of the server, usually localhost. Use your username and password. You also need to specifiy the name of the database. My guess is that it's your username.

If your just using a forum or blog that you downloaded, check through the file that is used for setting up the database (usually the same place where you make other configurations). Each one is different. Double-check the readme file and double-check that you have the username and password type correctly.
zDWIz Winfang
Edge100x
Founder
Founder

Post by Edge100x »

Make sure you have the software correctly configured to your MySQL database. The information on your username, password, and database name should have been included with our original reply email to your webspace request.