Mani not working on DoD:S

MauiBuilt808
New to forums
New to forums
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC40BgXanDqOYoVCYFDSTfHA

Mani not working on DoD:S

Post by MauiBuilt808 »

After the last update Mani has stopped working on our DoD:S server. The NFO people are stating that Mani is broken and I need to wait for a Mani fix. After looking at the DoD:S servers out there, it seems like most have got it working.

I need to have a fix to this ASAP. I rent from NFO because I don't have the knowledge or the time to get these issues worked out, but I'm told that I have to come up with the fix. If I wanted to co-locate I would do that. I pay a premium price for these type of issues.

Thanks in advance,
Edge100x
Founder
Founder

Post by Edge100x »

You'll have to be more specific on which NFO people assisted you so that we can follow up.

I'm not entirely familiar with what has been broken by the update to DoD:S, so I'd need you to email us or contact us in Live chat to get a more personalized server assessment. It's possible that some plugins or parts of mani could still work if others are disabled.

Keep in mind that most servers on the net probably aren't updated to the latest version of Source, and those servers would continue business as usual.

Incidentally, the lack of standards-compliance in the plugin community for Source is a big reason for our not officially supporting Source plugins. Historically, just about every update causes some plugin not to work because it was not written in accordance with the SDK.
SnakeOps
A semi-regular
A semi-regular

Post by SnakeOps »

The last steam update appears to have fixed the menu issue mani and other plugins were having.
zilla
Staff
Staff

Post by zilla »

The cause of this was the client side files were updated prior to the server side patch. As of 5/25 7am local time to the server, the patch was rolled out and mani appears to be working normally. If you are still having trouble with it please visit us on live chat or at #nfo-support on the irc.gamesurge network and one of us would be more then happy to help you!
-zilla-

http://www.nuclearfallout.net
#nuclearfallout
#cod2-invite
FlyingMongoose
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Post by FlyingMongoose »

In the case of mani whether it is the standalone version or SourceMM version also is important...because a lot of SourceMM plugins and SourceMM itself caused a lot of problems in the last source update in CSS at least.