BF3: cant join due to "changing map"

Scarab
A semi-regular
A semi-regular
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC40BgXanDqOYoVCYFDSTfHA

BF3: cant join due to "changing map"

Post by Scarab »

One of our servers this evening did not populate, so 4 of us tried to join. Each of us were unable to do so, the Battlelog showed only something to the effect that we were in a queue while the map was changing.

The map was not changing, the server was empty, and nobody had been playing on it.

I used Procon to skip to the next round, we tried it again, same result, could not join.

I restarted the server via control panel, and we were able to join. . . . . not sure what caused the problem in the first place, but I'm wondering if this is a known issue?
TimeX
Staff
Staff

Re: BF3: cant join due to "changing map"

Post by TimeX »

This problem comes up sometimes. There are some ideas on what may cause it, but when it does happen, only a server restart seems to fix it.
TimeX
TimSad
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Post by TimSad »

TimeX wrote:This problem comes up sometimes. There are some ideas on what may cause it, but when it does happen, only a server restart seems to fix it.
I'm pretty sure it happens a lot of times when the player count drops to the vars.roundRestartPlayerCount value. They have to fix the way that functions. Funny thing is, I don't recall ever seeing anyone bringing that it is broke up in these forums. I've always had to restart the map or server after the restart round is invoked.
                                                Our NFO Battlefield Servers!
ImageImage
TimeX
Staff
Staff

Post by TimeX »

I think that is more of the trigger for the never-ending black loading screen, but it may be related.
TimeX
Scarab
A semi-regular
A semi-regular

Post by Scarab »

Guys,

Thanks for the quick replies. I thought it might have been something on my end. Can't imagine the laundry list of issues Dice is working on right now, it must be huge.
TimeX
Staff
Staff

Post by TimeX »

Indeed it is. Even with prior patches having been released, us and other RSP's have sent a lot of crash logs and other data to EA, and the upcoming R9 patch sounds like it will be a major one for bug fixes.
TimeX
Edge100x
Founder
Founder

Post by Edge100x »

DICE has said publicly that this one is triggered by the players going below the preround count, yes, and that it's fixed in R9. I hope that it is.