I have a Bad Donation Link

Use this forum if you have a relatively general question or comment about a game, Ventrilo, TeamSpeak, or Murmur/Mumble server with us. If you have a server-specific question that might not help out the community, please directly contact us through your control panel instead.
cskgamers
New to forums
New to forums
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC40BgXanDqOYoVCYFDSTfHA

I have a Bad Donation Link

Post by cskgamers »

I copy in the donation link that is provided in the control panel so we can link it for people to use. If I copy and paste it in the web address bar it works. But when I copy and paste it into my web site and Hyper link it to a text. It's not working and goes crazy.

" <a href="https://www.nfoservers.com/donate.pl?fo ... om.">CLICK HERE</a></p> " This is the code I put in. When I click on the CLICK HERE I get this.

"https://www.nfoservers.com/donate.pl?fo ... /script%3E. "

I'm using Joomla for my web site.

Please help. You can see the problem at : http://cskgamers.com/index.php/donate
cskgamers
New to forums
New to forums

Re: I have a Bad Donation Link

Post by cskgamers »

It didn't work with a picture link, so I make a text and still the same problem. But I would like to use the link with a picture.

Thanks,
CsKgamers
hiimcody1
Staff
Staff

Post by hiimcody1 »

You are sending a big mess of javascript to that page, you need to be sending a plain-text email address (the one for your account with NFo)
cskgamers
New to forums
New to forums

Post by cskgamers »

Do you have an example of what you mean? Because I'm not a 100% clear on what you are meaning.
kraze
Former staff
Former staff

Post by kraze »

Try just pasting this in to your site;

<a href="https://www.nfoservers.com/donate.pl?fo ... om.">CLICK HERE</a>
@Kraze^NFo> Juski has a very valid point
@Juski> Got my new signature, thanks!
@Kraze^NFo> Out of context!
@Juski> Doesn't matter!
@Juski> You said I had a valid point! You can't take it back now! It's out there!
cskgamers
New to forums
New to forums

Post by cskgamers »

kraze wrote:Try just pasting this in to your site;

<a href="https://www.nfoservers.com/donate.pl?fo ... om.">CLICK HERE</a>

Still get the same problem.
cskgamers
New to forums
New to forums

Post by cskgamers »

Has anyone else had this problem and was able to fix it? How do people link others to that page with out java or html?
kraze
Former staff
Former staff

Post by kraze »

Your issue is with the java script being included. It looks like you are trying to use an email obfuscator, this is most likely built in to Joomla or it is apart of the sitelock feature you have.
@Kraze^NFo> Juski has a very valid point
@Juski> Got my new signature, thanks!
@Kraze^NFo> Out of context!
@Juski> Doesn't matter!
@Juski> You said I had a valid point! You can't take it back now! It's out there!
cskgamers
New to forums
New to forums

Post by cskgamers »

How would I be able to get around this?
Caliban55
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Post by Caliban55 »

Do you want to include the HTML code into an article by itself or into a module? In the article field you have the option to embedd HTML code, use this.

Also check your permission in Joomla that you can add HTML code in the editor. If you do not use an Administrator account, that option is usually disabled and you have to enbable it (altough it did not work for me when I tried it I had to disable the editor). To disalbe the standard editor (usually TinyMCE), go to your "Global Configuration" -> "Default Editor" and select "No Editor". Then you should be able to paste in HTML code without Joomla automatically deleting the code as a protection.

Similar steps are required if you want to put in the Donation link as a Module, in this case create a Module with a HTML code type.
.=QUACK=.Major.Pain
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Post by .=QUACK=.Major.Pain »

Think you also need to remove the last period.

should end in .com and not .com.
Visit gspreviews.com And Rate & Review Your Old & Current GSP's
Find Your GSP Coupons at gspreviews.com/coupons/
cskgamers
New to forums
New to forums

Post by cskgamers »

Caliban55 wrote:Do you want to include the HTML code into an article by itself or into a module? In the article field you have the option to embedd HTML code, use this.

Also check your permission in Joomla that you can add HTML code in the editor. If you do not use an Administrator account, that option is usually disabled and you have to enbable it (altough it did not work for me when I tried it I had to disable the editor). To disalbe the standard editor (usually TinyMCE), go to your "Global Configuration" -> "Default Editor" and select "No Editor". Then you should be able to paste in HTML code without Joomla automatically deleting the code as a protection.

Similar steps are required if you want to put in the Donation link as a Module, in this case create a Module with a HTML code type.

I loged into Joomla as Admin and removed the editor tryed to paste the link again and I still get that problem... Grrrr... Should I start a new Ariticle itself?
Caliban55
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Post by Caliban55 »

OK, one step at a time :D .

Dumb question, but where do you put the HTML code? I guess in a Front Page article?

You can create a module of it's own for the Donation link if you want to and if the website templates allows this (if it is not too large, or not defined).

When I click on your link (your "Click Here" link), it seems to take me to a working Donation link with NFOServers, although I get a "Error: The specified recipient email is invalid." error.
donation_link_screenshot.jpg
Did you try the option to paste in a standard PayPal HTML code link? It can also be generated by PayPal itself.

I will see if I can put together a step-by-step process of how to add a module with the HTML code with pictures. If you are in a hurry, try to get me through TeamSpeak and we can get a look at this together (just remember I am on GMT +1 timezone :) ). You can get the TeamSpeak info here: http://www.tnt-squad.com