IDE Defender

Use this forum if you have a relatively general question or comment about a game, Ventrilo, TeamSpeak, or Murmur/Mumble server with us. If you have a server-specific question that might not help out the community, please directly contact us through your control panel instead.
|dC|2bit
This is my homepage
This is my homepage
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC40BgXanDqOYoVCYFDSTfHA

Post by |dC|2bit »

yeah, vac cant be on while c-d is on. Im not sure about HLG. Vac can pick the C-D client as a hack and get you banned from my understanding.
Edge100x
Founder
Founder

Post by Edge100x »

Every time our scripts repair or upgrade the server, VAC gets re-enabled. You will need to turn it back off through the control panel.

Cheating Death automatically disables itself when it sees that VAC is running. It's part of their deal with Valve.
Shoe
A regular
A regular

thanks

Post by Shoe »

lol...I know about the c-d thing and the fact that vac has to be off while it's running...but what i'm saying is about the ide defender......
when steam updated....c-d broke (we have to wait for united admins to release a update) but in the mean time i started getting the autobuy thing......c?
I was saying that i disable hlguard because when i was in the irc channel they (don't remember who) told me that if i'm running c-d, I should disable hlguard because of lag....i think that there is a problem with either hlguard or vac that is causing the problem...(i think that it's hlguard)

any ideas?
Shoe
A regular
A regular

hl guard

Post by Shoe »

ok...hlgurad is buggy...can anyone tell me if
1) I need it at all
2) If I need it, do I need it while I'm running cheating death?

As I've been reading, it's the cause of the server dumps and the autobuy and rebuy crap that's happening at random points through out the game.
Nick|NFo
Former staff
Former staff

Post by Nick|NFo »

if you are running cheating death, you dont need hlguard for sure.

since you are running CD, I would remove hlguard.
-Nick
Shoe
A regular
A regular

now i'm confused

Post by Shoe »

i read here http://rentalforums.nuclearfallout.net/ ... highlight=
that hl guard is configured to not even check for cheats...so is it only checking the names?

I don't get it..I turned off c-d for a bit...should I turn on hlguard?(remember I don't run it while c-d is on)
Edge100x
Founder
Founder

Post by Edge100x »

IMO the current version of HLGuard doesn't do too much, but it wouldn't probably wouldn't hurt you too much to turn it on as long as you're running the latest public beta that's available.